CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Virginia is for Lovers

Well it has been a very long time since I have written a blog, and for that, I have no apology, just excuses. Life has been so very busy for my little family and I, free minutes have been few and far between. Today I am home sick, so I have a whole day to rest and do nothing, or mostly nothing, so here goes ... mostly nothing.


I am sitting in the living room at my in-laws listening to Diego our loveable pug snore, while Barbara talks on the phone to her office (which is practically falling apart without her!) and Joshua is watching Cash Cab. Savanna is upstairs in Abigail's crib taking a greatly needed nap; she has been asking to go "night night" for the past hour.


She is the sweetest little thing, my Savanna Jaye. Sleeping is one of her favorite activities. If I could impress anything on new mothers to be, it is definitely the importance of laying a child down to sleep ON THEIR OWN at a young age. Rocking a child to sleep, while enjoyable, only benefits the parent; I understand it fills a need for bonding time between mama and baby, but it does more harm to the child's behavior and schedule than it helps. Sleep props develop patterns and habits of neediness, and it stays with them until adulthood. While fixing the problem immediately at hand - a sleepy child - it creates a much larger problem in the behavior of the child.


Well I am sleepy so I will now join my baby girl and take a nap!

0 comments: